Author Topic: Scott Hawbaker's & Rogue's 90's Trans Am WIP  (Read 23285 times)

Offline TMS_Admin

Scott Hawbaker's & Rogue's 90's Trans Am WIP
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
 Scott Hawbaker & Rogue's 90's Trans Am WIP

Giving everyone a heads up on what's in the horizon. First off, i am working with Darren aka Rogue with models for a Trans Am Series from the early 90's. Darren has posted several pictures of his models in progress, and I have been working on a Dodge Daytona from that era. No time frame for this mod as the models are still in the building stage.  All research and painting done by Highbank.

Next off, I am working on a USAC Legends mod. This is a mod which hopefully will have a few different carsets. Highbank has offered his help in painting some cars. I have several cars done, and many paints completed. Again, no time frame for release. Most of the cars are done, reworked Nascar Legend cars, but I have had to build a couple cars the past few months. Dick Trickle's 1970 Mustang and Ramo Stott's 1975 Plymouth Roadrunner.

The third mod in the works is a mod I started a couple years ago, with the building of a 1986 Ford Thunderbird. This will be another Legends mod, probably based on around 1986. Currently I have the 1986 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe still being built on the Zmodeler. Still a long way off, as I have probably another 3  car models that will have to be built, and many paints to be done. Anyone looking to contribute, and paint some cars would be welcome. The only largely compete is the T bird. So I do have templates for those.

The last project in mind is a USAC Silver Crown update. I did a Silver Crown mod several years ago, never liked the physics and have been wanting to do a new one with updated paints as well. Yes, I like sprint cars, what do you expect when I live an hour from the Knoxville raceway.  ;D This mod has not been started, and no time frame for it. So, there is a look into the future.

I have some pictures I have uploaded of the various projects, with only the USAC legends and a couple images of the 1986 NL Legends. I will upload more as the mods progress.

Here's a quick peak of Rogue's Olds Cutlass during it's testing session. painted by Highbank. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:56:39 PM by DaveO »

Offline Grumpy

Re: Scott Hawbaker's & Rogue's 90's Trans Am WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
I would be interested in helping paint. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I don't Even Know!!!  Long Live Heat

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »
Highbank is doing the paints now, but might appreciate the help. I am sure he will read this.....Maybe..... ;D

Offline DaveO

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »

Highbank's the lead researcher on two mod's that are in development right now, he's put in several hours of research, plus has traveled to certain tracks to get us pictures so we can model the cars.  Bill actually came up with the idea for two mod's that are WIP, his expertise is on Trans Am history. :)  Without him, we would be a bit lost. So, I have this gut feeling Highbank most likely will be doing all the painting.  That is why we have kept the development, pretty close to home. ;)

Offline Highbank

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
I am sure he will read this.....Maybe..... ;D

You  a sayin' I cain't read good?

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »

Highbank's the lead researcher on two mod's that are in development right now, he's put in several hours of research, plus has traveled to certain tracks to get us pictures so we can model the cars.  Bill actually came up with the idea for two mod's that are WIP, his expertise is on Trans Am history. :)  Without him, we would be a bit lost. So, I have this gut feeling Highbank most likely will be doing all the painting.  That is why we have kept the development, pretty close to home. ;)

No problem, I understand.

Was only posting because Scott had said this "Anyone looking to contribute, and paint some cars would be welcome"

Offline Highbank

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »
If I get in trouble or bogged down I'll get ahold of you Grumpy...but I think I have this pretty much in hand.

Offline Rogue

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »
Hey Grumpy, when my next mod is in a close enough stage you are welcome to paint on it.....Hint....it is a Mustang.

Offline Rogue

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 04:32:19 AM »
An early render of the Cutlass when I was testing template parts and how BBS wheels would look.

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »

Was only posting because Scott had said this "Anyone looking to contribute, and paint some cars would be welcome"
I have a few mods going on, and if you want can paint some cars for them. The Trans Am mod is Highbank's baby. LOL I can PM you as to what else I am doing and if you want to help out, we'll see what we can come up with. I appreciate any help offers.  (Y)

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »

I have a few mods going on, and if you want can paint some cars for them. The Trans Am mod is Highbank's baby. LOL I can PM you as to what else I am doing and if you want to help out, we'll see what we can come up with. I appreciate any help offers.  (Y)

That would be good. I wasn't offering to paint any specific mod, I was just offering in general.

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 03:17:03 PM »
Currently, I have the USAC legends mod that Highbank is helping, but is on the back shelf for his TA mod. I have a 50's 60's Stockcar mod I was doing for Rogue. I want to dust off the USAC Silver Crown Sprint cars I did several years, update the cars, the physics and add all new current paints. I liked the original cars I made, just hated the physics and want to do some basic updating. The 50's 60's stock car mod is probably going to be more like the Pro stock mod, with mostly fictitious paints. I have done a couple mods based off the 50's era cars, and have reworked them. I will post a few pictures tonight of the completed ones. I have one car image on my computer here, its a 1961 Chevy Impala. I need to do some adjusting as you will see the wheels are off a tad in the rear.  I will be sending Rogue a beta copy to play with.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
Looking really sharp, Scott!!

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 11:56:40 PM »
Since this is a Trans AM mod forum, I'm not going to spend much time on future mods, but since I had stated prior that I would post some pictures of the 50's 60's stock car mod, here is one picture of every car model that is completed, or mostly completed.

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:27 PM »
and last, but not least, the 68 chevelle.