Author Topic: 1978 Nascar Legends Released by: Scott Hawbaker  (Read 14936 times)

Offline TMS_Admin

1978 Nascar Legends Released by: Scott Hawbaker
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
1978 Nascar Legends Released by: Scott Hawbaker

All paints and models by: Scott Hawbaker
1968 Nascar Legends has an entire bucket full of old Nascar Hot rods, to race.  Buick, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Mercury, Monte Carlo, Oldsmobile.   This mod is a pleasure to race in..

Enjoy! :)

Scott

Download here: http://www.themodsquad.info/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=836

Offline Gaz1943

Re: 1978 Nascar Legends Released by: Scott Hawbaker
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »
Another awesome job Scott :applaud: (Y)

Offline puttzracer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
Great stuff as always :good2:
Driver of the #46 TMS Wolfpack cars

Offline PHLPS2002

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 05:25:58 AM »
Wow Scott! Love this one! Love all the cars, really like the physics, and how the cars drive. You've done a fantastic job with the paints...they look really groovy!! Thanks for all the work that went into this.

Offline akilgour13

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 12:50:28 AM »
Scott is there a Dodge with a Petty paint scheme,i know Richard used the Magnum until August of 1978 when they finally gave up on it and went to GM...

Offline Highbank

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
The 1978 season was cool, it was the first time I went to all three So Cal Winston Cup races, two at Riverside and the finale at Ontario

...as I recall it, Cale Yarborough won the January race at Riverside, Petty was still driving the Dodge Charger, his last time in that storied car, I think they had to pull that car out of the King's hands he loved it so much.

I think Benny Parsons won in June at Riverside, I remember that Petty was in the Magnum, I thought the car was ugly...

Then in the last race of the season at Ontario, Petty was in the Chevy, people were just heartsick over that. My brother Bobby was so happy because he was a big Bobby Allison fan and Allison won that day. I was rooting for Pearson who dropped out early, I spent most of the rest of the race trying to decide who I was gonna cheer for! I think Petty was out early too...

Offline Spike

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »
The 1978 season was cool, it was the first time I went to all three So Cal Winston Cup races, two at Riverside and the finale at Ontario

...as I recall it, Cale Yarborough won the January race at Riverside, Petty was still driving the Dodge Charger, his last time in that storied car, I think they had to pull that car out of the King's hands he loved it so much.

I think Benny Parsons won in June at Riverside, I remember that Petty was in the Magnum, I thought the car was ugly...

Then in the last race of the season at Ontario, Petty was in the Chevy, people were just heartsick over that. My brother Bobby was so happy because he was a big Bobby Allison fan and Allison won that day. I was rooting for Pearson who dropped out early, I spent most of the rest of the race trying to decide who I was gonna cheer for! I think Petty was out early too...
They actually ran out of Charger parts. Before Dodge got out of financially backing Nascar teams Petty stockpiled a ton of Charger parts and that's why they ran them all the way up to 1978. Petty wanted to stick with Dodge so they slapped the Magnum body on one of the Charger chassis they had but the body was absolutely horrible aerodynamically and that's why Petty started driving Monte Carlo's. I think I read in a book that they had Kyle use the Magnum in some races though.

akilgour13 I'm pretty sure Scott mentioned that he put both Petty cars in this mod, I haven't had time to play with this mod myself though so I can't be 100% sure. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:09:42 AM by Spike »

Offline akilgour13

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 11:34:46 PM »
Thanks Spike,i will have a look as i get some time this weekend...

Offline akilgour13

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
 ;D Yeah,it's there!  Thank you,for some reason it's always been my favorite Petty ride,even though only Kyle ever won using it in ARCA. now please don't take this the wrong way,as i don't have the talent for modeling,so i appreciate the work you put in-there are a few minor issues with the car. The opera windows only have 2 crossbars,and the edges of the front fenders slope a bit more,and the grille was replaced with a fabricated wire mesh piece across the opening. Like i said,minor issues and i love being able to drive it- if only virtually lol. My neighbor,who was a few years older than me had the street version GT,which was a sweet looking car with t-tops and the striped headlight covers and the crossbars in the opera windows.

Offline scotthawbaker

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 02:35:49 AM »
Glad you found the petty car. Your cirrect, sometimes I muss on the minor details. One reason I rework some mids.