Author Topic: Heat Core Released!!  (Read 47260 times)

Offline DaveO

Heat Core Released!!
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:37:09 PM »

Since today is Heat's 16th birthday, we thought today was a great day to release Heat Core! :icon_mrgreen:

TheModSquad & HeatFinder are proud to release HeatCore!

This will install NASCAR Heat to your computer including patching up through 1.80 and the NT, Windows 10 and Heat file permission fixes.

This can be used over an existing installation for base file repair or to fix permission issues in all versions of Windows and the Windows 10 video error. This installation will not affect your mod's custom folders and files or remove any existing files except to replace base/core game files.

NOTE: If you have a large pre-existing NASCAR Heat installation, this installer may take a few minutes to process all the files.

It is provided as-is and The Mod Squad, HeatFinder and additional developers hold no responsibility for misuse.

Community support can often be found on the web at themodsquad.info and heatfinder.net

Heat Core (August 2016)

- NASCAR Heat v1.80 with the NT and Windows 10 fixes already applied
- Resolution Changer to simplify setting resolution (be sure to have 800x600 set on the mod's in-game options page).
- Installer designed to fix common file permission issues related to the latest Windows versions.
- Ability to fix existing installs without removing existing mod and track files.
- Includes 3 tracks and a demo mod created by DaveO & The Mod Squad for game testing purposes.
- Game is fully functional at first install.
- Compatibility with a minimum of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.

Enjoy!

http://www.themodsquad.info/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=849

Offline waylon

Re: Heat Core Released!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:50:47 AM »
i'm getting a setup error message when clicking on the Heat Core Exe. icon. I do not have Heat installed on my pc. Do I have to install Heat first and than install Heat Core. I do have Heat on a cd. i had Heat on my XP pc and loved it but it died and my windows 8 pc couldn't run it. I have windows 10 now. Thanks

Offline Rogue

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:14:39 AM »
What is the error message?

Offline waylon

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 10:00:51 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it. I tried to download & install on my Windows 10 laptop this morning & get the same error message. My desktop is windows 10 also. Thanks.

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator
    • http://dusterlag.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:55 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it. I tried to download & install on my Windows 10 laptop this morning & get the same error message. My desktop is windows 10 also. Thanks.

Try downloading the file again. It sounds like the installer was not completely downloaded. The file is 325 MB and 333,332 KB.

And you should not use the CD installer first. It is possible to properly install the original game and then use Heat Core on top of that fine, but you would need to install the original CD game, patch 1.1, Custom Track/No CD patch then you could do that. But it is entirely unnecessary. Heat Core will give you the full, up to date game, on its own.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:26:26 AM by DusterLag »
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver

Offline waylon

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:47 AM »
I guess it's on my end since nobody else is having a problem. I downloaded it again, it shows 325 MB (341,331,645 bytes) and I get the same error message. I tried Firefox and Edge. No luck.

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
Do you have 3rd party antivirus software installed?

Offline waylon

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »
Yes. kaspersky.

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »
Yes. kaspersky.

Temporarily disable it completely, including any plugins related to it in your web browsers, then re-download and try it again.

Those seem to be the two issues I have found related to that Windows error.

Offline waylon

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 02:05:57 PM »
Thanks but it didn't work. Still get the same error message.

Offline spin_doctor

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »
Could there be a permissions problem that doesn't allow the installer access to write the files?
Missed It By That Much...!

Offline waylon

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 02:28:06 PM »
I tried "Run as administrator" but got the same error message. I want to thank everybody here that is trying to help me. I've been a member since 2006 and always had quick replies to my questions and problems.

Offline TMS_Admin

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 05:05:39 PM »
I tried "Run as administrator" but got the same error message. I want to thank everybody here that is trying to help me. I've been a member since 2006 and always had quick replies to my questions and problems.

Do you have any other type of 3rd party applications running in the background besides the one's you have mentioned?   If so shut them all off please..   If that's not the case, let us know, and one of us might be able to come thru teamviewer and get this rectified for you.. (Y)

Offline kreator617

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 02:37:38 PM »
I use modlauncher for everything, after I installed core, I couldn't launch anything, the bin file was gone. Getting ready to look into it now It won't let me run anything, says it won't run on my pc, that I have to find a different version.

Had to reload everything, luckily I keep it backed up, my pc doesn't like the core install at all. I think I'll just keep it as is, maybe look into it some other time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:08:29 PM by kreator617 »

Offline DaveO

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
I use modlauncher for everything, after I installed core, I couldn't launch anything, the bin file was gone. Getting ready to look into it now It won't let me run anything, says it won't run on my pc, that I have to find a different version.

Had to reload everything, luckily I keep it backed up, my pc doesn't like the core install at all. I think I'll just keep it as is, maybe look into it some other time.

You need to point Mod launcher to the correct directory..  For the bin file,  just click on it,  then you need to select your correct  resolution for your monitor.  It's pretty straight forward, it sounds like you just missed a step. :)