Author Topic: HeatCore  (Read 34738 times)

Offline DaveO

HeatCore
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:38:35 AM »

Heat Essentials has been replaced with Heat Core to prevent version confusion. Heat Core will install NASCAR Heat to your computer including patching up through 1.80 and the NT, Windows 10 and Heat file permission fixes.

This can be used over an existing installation for base file repair or to fix permission issues in all versions of Windows and the Windows 10 video error. This installation will not affect your mod's custom folders and files or remove any existing files except to replace base/core game files.

NOTE: If you have a large pre-existing NASCAR Heat installation, this installer may take a few minutes to process all the files.

It is provided as-is and The Mod Squad, HeatFinder and additional developers hold no responsibility for misuse.

Community support can often be found on the web at themodsquad.info and heatfinder.net

Heat Core (August 2016)

- NASCAR Heat v1.80 with the NT and Windows 10 fixes already applied.
- Resolution Changer to simplify setting resolution (be sure to have 800x600 set on the mod's in-game options page).
- Installer designed to fix common file permission issues related to the latest Windows versions.
- Ability to fix existing installs without removing existing mod and track files.
- Includes 3 tracks and a demo mod created by DaveO & The Mod Squad for game testing purposes.
- Game is fully functional at first install.
- Compatibility with a minimum of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.

Download here  http://www.themodsquad.info/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=849

Offline Mutley

Re: HeatCore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »
I downloaded this twice, both copies won't run. Says: "Setup Error!-f" Any suggestions?

Offline DaveO

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:24:35 PM »
I downloaded this twice, both copies won't run. Says: "Setup Error!-f" Any suggestions?

Are you on a windows 10 system?  It could be your Antispy ware is stopping Heatcore from installing.  Try disabling your Antispy ware, then reinstall HeatCore. 

If you still getting this error after trying to reinstall after disabling your Antispy ware, let me know what operating system your on, and also your computer monitors resolution and I'll send you a private message, with HeatCore ready to go minus the installer..

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator
    • http://dusterlag.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:56:05 PM »

Are you on a windows 10 system?  It could be your Antispy ware is stopping Heatcore from installing.  Try disabling your Antispy ware, then reinstall HeatCore. 

If you still getting this error after trying to reinstall after disabling your Antispy ware, let me know what operating system your on, and also your computer monitors resolution and I'll send you a private message, with HeatCore ready to go minus the installer..

The information I received from InstallForge, the installer software we used, indicates that when you download the Heat Core installer, another program is altering or invalidating the file in some way. For example an Anti-spyware, Anti-virus or other similar type of program or web browser extension. If you have such a program or browser extension (with the exception of windows defender, the one built into Windows 10 which does not cause this issue), disable them. Perhaps also try downloading the installer from another web browser.

Also, let us know if you are able to download the correct file and install properly and which method fixed the issue for you.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:02:33 AM by TMS_Admin »
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver

Offline TMS_Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »
How's our download delivery system different?  We have the same HeatCore installer.  Only difference is we have members login to dl content...

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »
How's our download delivery system different?  We have the same HeatCore installer.  Only difference is we have members login to dl content...

It's not the actual file I'm referring to. I'm talking about the way SMF (your content manager for the TMS site) delivers the file to a visitor and the way HeatFinder's does it is very different. And could possibly (but not necessarily) have an effect on the corruption with certain users.

Offline TMS_Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »

It's not the actual file I'm referring to. I'm talking about the way SMF (your content manager for the TMS site) delivers the file to a visitor and the way HeatFinder's does it is very different. And could possibly (but not necessarily) have an effect on the corruption with certain users.

That would be a first for our site..  Our downloads is coming directly persee from our hosting server, not from SMF.   Think this way.  SMF is just a page you look at to see our downloads..  But it's not directing the actual download link, from where our files are located at, or from where folks download files from.. :popcorm2:   

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »

That would be a first for our site..  Our downloads is coming directly persee from our hosting server, not from SMF.   Think this way.  SMF is just a page you look at to see our downloads..  But it's not directing the actual download link, from where our files are located at, or from where folks download files from.. :popcorm2:   

I am also not referring to the location of the file. There are many ways a server can deliver a file to a user and many ways to code this into a php script. Each method can introduce small quirks, nothing that is wrong or incorrect. But with the right senario, a single user could have issues with one of the quirks and it's best to eliminate that small potential variable with a quick and easy test.

Offline TMS_Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »

I am also not referring to the location of the file. There are many ways a server can deliver a file to a user and many ways to code this into a php script. Each method can introduce small quirks, nothing that is wrong or incorrect. But with the right senario, a single user could have issues with one of the quirks and it's best to eliminate that small potential variable with a quick and easy test.

Yep, your correct..  But I just wanted to mention that it had nothing to do with SMF..  So we can take that off the list.. 

Anyhow, I've already told him if he has any problems to get a hold of me privately.. So, we should be okay if he has any more problems..

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 08:29:15 PM »
The only thing that I will add then, is if we're going to continue with distributing the files without the installer. That people need to do a few more things then just plop the files in.

1) After the files are placed in the correct folder, you need to run the "HeatWPBScript.bat" file within the "help" folder.

2) You need to add "Run as administrator" and Compatibility mode for "Windows XP SP2 or SP3" to each of these files. (NASCAR Heat.exe, NHeat.exe and NHml2.exe)

The installer does these things for you and fixes the biggest issue's people have with Windows 10. If your just dropping the NHeat files into the NASCAR Heat folder and not doing these things, you will quickly find you have files for the game in places they do not belong. Which is the reason for the Heat Core installer.

Offline Mutley

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
My OS is Win7. I will try again with diabled antivirus and spyware. Thanks!

Offline Mutley

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
Also, comp monitor res is 1360x768.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 11:22:11 PM »
Also, comp monitor res is 1360x768.

Hi Mutley check you pm's.. :)

Offline waylon2403

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:03:06 PM »

Mutley, Same error message happened to me months ago when I tried to install HeatCore. I found out if you right clicked on the HeatCore exe. icon and from the drop down menu click on "Extract Files", it will extract the files to your desktop in a HeatCore folder. From there either put all the files from the HeatCore folder into your Heat folder or if don't have Heat installed yet you have to make a new folder in Program Files (x68) which would Hasbro Interactive and than in that folder make a folder called Nascar Heat. Put all the HeatCore files in there. Hope this helps.
   To the Modsquad... Thanks for the Monster tracks and upcoming Monster mod!

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
Not sure if the above way works or not, but your folder should read Program Files (x86) instead of (x68). I am pretty sure that was just a typo error, but that would give you more problems if you did it that way.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I don't Even Know!!!  Long Live Heat