Author Topic: Heat Core Released!!  (Read 47534 times)

Offline kreator617

Re: Heat Core Released!!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »
Took 3 times, not sure why, but, it's there. Bad part is I lost everything as far as the  seasons I had in progress.  As time goes, I might start it again from ground zero. It was pointed at the right spot every time, not my first rodeo. Unexplicable, but that's how it goes. I don't actually play anymore anyway, but the kids do, they find it more entertaining than Forza and RFactor, so it's better off I hand the reigns to them and let them build their own empire  lol.

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator
    • http://dusterlag.com
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
Took 3 times, not sure why, but, it's there. Bad part is I lost everything as far as the  seasons I had in progress.  As time goes, I might start it again from ground zero. It was pointed at the right spot every time, not my first rodeo. Unexplicable, but that's how it goes. I don't actually play anymore anyway, but the kids do, they find it more entertaining than Forza and RFactor, so it's better off I hand the reigns to them and let them build their own empire  lol.

1) What took 3 times?

2) You say you lost progress in seasons of mods. It's likely you had (still have) files in the Virtual Store. This usually causes nothing but issues for people but in some cases you can actually have the game working in a way that appears correct. Heat Core fixes the issue that causes files to end up in the Virtual Store for Heat but because you had been using those files it would have taken that status away. Take a look at the guide below... Feel free to take everything you find in the Virtual Store, cut and paste the mod folder into the correct location on top of whatever is there now. It should restore any status you say you lost.

--

Virtual Store Folders

When you do not install all files and run NASCAR Heat "As Administrator" you can run into a problem that re-locates some of your game files to a "VirtualStore" folder.

Verify that no NASCAR Heat or Hasbro Interactive folder exist in the following directory on your computer.
%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver

Offline kreator617

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 01:33:51 PM »
I know virtual store likes to be tossed around a lot because it's basically a storage area when you've deleted things or don't run as admin. I run , install everything under admin, but neither here nor there, I know.Just one of the many ways it's possible to track, find and recover. Doesn't always work that way, sometimes things just vanish, it's almost like writing zeroes to the drive, sometimes it's just GONE. There's a lot of ways to explain it, and by the same token, there's no way to explain it. Hence in this case, it's just gone.  Why it took three cracks at install, have no idea, I'm obviously the exception to the rule.Kinda complicated, 2 different os on one hd plus Linux, sometimes things get hairy. Blah blah yadda yadda. It's good to go for them, I have an external with everything I could ever find related to NH plus they have what's left of the supporting site's bookmarks. I've moved on to more road racing type games with modding communities and online races. NH Heat has become, what it should be, geared towards ovals. Just not my gig. My sons love it though, and they have gotten a few kids at school turned on to it as well, so there's more potential members and who knows, modders.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
I know virtual store likes to be tossed around a lot because it's basically a storage area when you've deleted things or don't run as admin. I run , install everything under admin, but neither here nor there, I know.Just one of the many ways it's possible to track, find and recover. Doesn't always work that way, sometimes things just vanish, it's almost like writing zeroes to the drive, sometimes it's just GONE. There's a lot of ways to explain it, and by the same token, there's no way to explain it. Hence in this case, it's just gone.  Why it took three cracks at install, have no idea, I'm obviously the exception to the rule.Kinda complicated, 2 different os on one hd plus Linux, sometimes things get hairy. Blah blah yadda yadda. It's good to go for them, I have an external with everything I could ever find related to NH plus they have what's left of the supporting site's bookmarks. I've moved on to more road racing type games with modding communities and online races. NH Heat has become, what it should be, geared towards ovals. Just not my gig. My sons love it though, and they have gotten a few kids at school turned on to it as well, so there's more potential members and who knows, modders.

That's a shame, you've been around here for years.  Just a heads up, our next plans after the modifieds is Roadracing mods, and I'm now talking to an old bud of mine spindoctor about dusting off his modding skills to help out a bit..  So it will make it that much better.  Like you I have a passion for road racing also. (Y)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:36:41 PM by DaveO »

Offline Highbank

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:10 AM »
I sure ain't here for ovals....

Offline kreator617

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
It's all good, to be honest the time I have to be playing has dwindled so badly anyway between cub scouts, boy scouts, football and soccer   ugh. Then there's work,  and I'm really wanting to get my NHRA license before winter so I can be ready for super comp.

Offline lugnutusa

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 08:15:18 AM »
Downloaded & installed on Win10 - clean install with no previous version on the system.  Ran flawlessly.  Thanks!

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
Downloaded & installed on Win10 - clean install with no previous version on the system.  Ran flawlessly.  Thanks!

Be sure to check out some online racing as well, we have great competition throughout the field...
http://HeatFinder.net/calendar

Offline lugnutusa

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 09:06:32 AM »
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.   Are these organized leagues or can just any random person drop in?

I ask because I'm not really in a position to be a regular anywhere, but on occasion my schedule might line up with some of these.

Offline DusterLag

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 09:15:59 AM »
I would say both. Most events are part of a championship schedule, but none require you to compete in every event. There are plenty if people who only attend the occasional event.

As long as you are registered on the website of the given league (so that you can be scored on the results) you can race whenever you want.

Offline puttzracer

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »
We'll take anyone who wants to come, whether you show up for one race or a whole season  :good2:
Driver of the #46 TMS Wolfpack cars

Offline akilgour13

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 12:48:20 AM »
I wanted to say thank you for developing Heat Core,as i am able to use it on my primary gaming rig again (couldn't get it working after upgrading to Win 10).Now i have to dig out my old cd's stuffed full of saved mods! :)

Offline scarzy19

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it. I tried to download & install on my Windows 10 laptop this morning & get the same error message. My desktop is windows 10 also. Thanks.

Try downloading the file again. It sounds like the installer was not completely downloaded. The file is 325 MB and 333,332 KB.

And you should not use the CD installer first. It is possible to properly install the original game and then use Heat Core on top of that fine, but you would need to install the original CD game, patch 1.1, Custom Track/No CD patch then you could do that. But it is entirely unnecessary. Heat Core will give you the full, up to date game, on its own.

I am getting the same error trying to install Heat Core.  It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I have downloaded using Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and get the same error with install.  All the file sizes seem correct 333,332 KB.  I have disabled my Norton Internet Security before downloading. I have tried installing with and without admin rights.  Not sure what else to try?   This is a clean install of Heat with no previous installs.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 03:03:33 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it. I tried to download & install on my Windows 10 laptop this morning & get the same error message. My desktop is windows 10 also. Thanks.

Try downloading the file again. It sounds like the installer was not completely downloaded. The file is 325 MB and 333,332 KB.

And you should not use the CD installer first. It is possible to properly install the original game and then use Heat Core on top of that fine, but you would need to install the original CD game, patch 1.1, Custom Track/No CD patch then you could do that. But it is entirely unnecessary. Heat Core will give you the full, up to date game, on its own.

I am getting the same error trying to install Heat Core.  It's a small white box and within the box it has a small red circle with a white x in it. Next to the circle it has"Setup Error-f". At the bottom right hand corner of the box it has a square with ok in it.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I have downloaded using Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and get the same error with install.  All the file sizes seem correct 333,332 KB.  I have disabled my Norton Internet Security before downloading. I have tried installing with and without admin rights.  Not sure what else to try?   This is a clean install of Heat with no previous installs.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

So this is happening when you begin to install Heat..  How far into the install did this happen?   And could you take a quick screenshot, so I can see what is happening please?

For the time being can you send me your screen resolution, and I'll private message you Heatcore, with it ready to go without the installer.  It starting to sound like an installer issue with some computers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:05:19 PM by DaveO »

Offline DaveO

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 03:06:34 PM »
One other quick question, have you ever used Heat Essentials on this machine before?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:12:12 PM by DaveO »