Author Topic: Vintage Modifieds Released by DaveO  (Read 27004 times)

Offline mje33

Re: Vintage Modifieds Released by DaveO
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
just wanted to say thanks for this mod--it brings back so many pleasant memories as a kid watching cars like these race at short paved tracks in New England.I've been playing many racing games starting with the original Grand Prix Legends,and this one finally comes closest to what I really like!

Thank you for your nice post.. :)  This is exactly the type of posts that make all the hard work worth it.  Same here, it brings back so many memories.. (Y)  One the reason why I enjoy creating this type of stuff.

I agree, same here Dave.  I grew up in Agawam, MA and therefore spent many nights at Riverside Park Speedway so putting the paints together brought back many memories.

Offline NY_Modifieds

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
Discovered this yesterday - I am brand new to the site - first post. I will try to spend a little time looking around the site to get my bearings...

But I couldn't contain myself, I just had to post and say that what you have done here is *great*!

I am a long time fan of the 'Golden Era' of Asphalt Modifieds - spent plenty of time as a kid spectating at Islip Speedway (on Long Island in NY) between turn 1 and 2, during what I consider the most interesting period of Modified racing.

Like they say - "the child is father to the man" - and I build/race vintage modified slot cars, create 3D models and even 3D print Vintage Mods, draw up decals, all for this particular Era of cars. I offer laminated bodies of more modern Tour Type Modifieds for other slot racers, and even made a giant scale Jarzombeck Offset Coupe.

I am very happy to see this Vintage Mod Mod.

I have to get on board, download Nascar Heat - everything, starting at the beginning - I am not a 'gamer' except for Forza, Gran Turismo, and Nascar Console based games, so I hope I can get this together.

Like is said I only *discovered* this whole deal yesterday! Hopefully I can make this work and get involved, I think there is some overlap with my other hobbies and I may be able to add something (in the way of paint/skins or something)?

Thank you - I have been talking/hoping for many years that this kind of mod would get created, somehow...

This is really appreciated - I can't wait to get into this game.

THANK YOU to everyone that worked to bring this reality.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
Hi NY Modified,

First of all welcome to The Mod Squad.. :icon_mrgreen:  Like you I grew up in the Northeast, and watched these type of cars race at our local tracks..  That's what was behind the inspiration, for me to build these models.. (Y)

We always welcome new comers to Nascar Heat, you will find helpful members in the  community who will help you along the way to help get you started with Nascar Heat..   

There is a side project I've always wanted to see done for paints (carset) for this mod..  Hit me up via private message maybe we can chat a little bit about it, and maybe you could show me some of your past work. :)

On behalf of everyone who worked on the Vintage Modified project, thank you so much for all the kind words..   These type of posts is what keeps us motivated to want to create more cool content, and it makes us feel good that others like ourselves can go back in time and enjoy the passions of these cars, that we had watching racing while growing up..

Thank you again, and welcome to TMS and Nascar Heat..

Offline NY_Modifieds

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
I partitioned the hard drive on my Mac and set up the game running Windows 7, and as I anticipated, I am really enjoying seeing/putting these vintage mods in action! Another big thanks all the way around again...

I have a bunch of questions which I will work out by making use of 'search' and the help section - I am really new to this deal.

But I did see if I could paint up a template and take a look at it on the online car viewer. It seems to work - which is encouraging. Like I said I am a huge fan of Islip Speedway, especially from the 'Golden Era' of Modifieds.

#14 ART TAPPAN 'VEGA' -

This was an Islip 'regular', a competitive car and popular driver. The Pontiac Astre was a Corporate Cousin to the Vega - and like the actual Art Tappan did back in the day, I just changed out the rear panel to create this 'alternative Vega'.

LEFT SIDE ASTRE -

I am just playing - this is first time I ever painted something for a video game - but I added some decals, dirt, and details to help 'sell' the illusion.
Kind of like real life bodywork - "Putty and paint make it what it ain't"!

END-OF-THE-SEASON CAR -

The actual car sported a 'for sale' sign at the end of the season, as a new car was being built for next year.

Anyway - just wanted to follow up on my first post. As I get more involved with the game I will hopefully post up paint schemes in the appropriate sections of the forum etc.